Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dad always loved a colorful plate!

We popped open a bottle of Sparkling Wine (Scharffenberger Brut) tonight to celebrate my Dear ol' Dads' birthday. He hasn't been with us for nine plus years now, but there are certain things he did that have shaped my food ideas and presentation.

Mom always told me that Sully loved a colorful plate. I've learned that in his enjoyment of color, he also had a healthy plate in front of 'em! Greens, oranges, reds and yellows were given to him on a regular basis and he ate well.

Things like that stick in your head. I go for flavor with my food, but the colors of the food are always a concern. In appealing to your sense of sight, it is amazing how healthy you can eat!

Eat and live colorfully!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home