Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'd cry in my beer, but I'm all out.


I knew I should have bought more than two bottles, but there wasn't enough room in my suitcase. I can't imagine how many times I've repeated that over the past month. The two bottles in question were part of a 400 bottle experiment from the Great Lakes Brewing Company that were being sold through their gift shop. I called the gift shop while visiting the area recently to find that my two bottle purchase was one of the last.

I remember discussing at length how I would share the bottles for maximum enjoyment and was pleased how long each bottle lasted. Stout aged in whiskey barrels we found must be sipped, not glugged. What a sweet aroma and taste with a great stout flavored finish. A fortified beer you could say, especially with the 9% alcohol level. Barrel Aged Blackout Stout ... what a great treat. Hope they make more!!!

Anyone out there had an experience with whiskey barrel aged beer??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home