Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Sure-fire Way to Marinate Your Guests

A Sure-fire Way to Marinate Your Guests

Ever since I can remember, a major holiday tradition has been Grandpop's daiquiris. They livened up many an occasion and one time even got me out of hot water with Dad. I'd gotten my first speeding ticket and gave it to him just prior to his sampling of the first batch of GPop's daiquiris. Expecting the worst, imagine my surprise when he called me Mario Andretti and said I'd better pay for that ticket with my own money. Phew! Saved by the brew.

Here, for your holiday enjoyment, is what saved my life that night:

Grandpop's Daiquiri Recipe

2 C. Rum 151 proof
3/4 C. Lemon Juice
1/2 C. Sugar
1 1/2 C. Water

Fill a 3 pint shaker with ice. Pour in daiquiri mix and shake. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Awesome! When's the party that you'll be serving this? As you've heard before, I'm there!
~C

Thu Dec 29, 10:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

It's been brought to my attention that this is the same drink that sent both Mom and Dad home early on different occasions. Be careful with this drink if you want to see the ball drop New Years Eve.
I'm making a trip to the liquor store for the Rum this afternoon. Good luck to all that take on this marinating challenge.

Sat Dec 31, 02:49:00 PM CST  
Blogger rachel brownlie said...

Mmmmm...a REAL daiquiri instead of that weird koolaid slushy mess that masquerades as one. Great recipe!

Mon Jan 02, 02:38:00 AM CST  
Blogger Connie said...

My 151 proof rum is dark, so I think a tiny bit of orange food coloring will make some awesome "burnt orange" daiquiris for tonight's big game.

Hook 'Em Horns!

Wed Jan 04, 02:14:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home