Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Next Food Network Star - I wanted Rory!

I have a confession to make: I watched ALL of the episodes of the Next Food Network Star this year! I got so hooked!

I am not a 'reality show' fan. I have never sat through an entire episode of Big Brother or Survivor, but I tuned in to the first show of The Next Food Network Star this season, and they caught me!

It got down to the next to last show and Amy, JAG and Rory just killed! Amy was sent home, then JAG was outed as having lied on his credentials. He resigned and Amy was brought back.

The winner was voted on by fans on-line. I wanted Rory because she is now a Texas gal, and she had a great ribs recipe which made the cover of Bon Appetit. I figured we'd get more of the same on any show where she was the star. And, rats! She didn't win. So Amy Finley is the Next Food Network star. Look for her new show this fall.

Saucy Joe should audition for the next Next Food Network Star program!

Dr. Dave
(Going through NFNS withdrawl right now)

1 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

I watched the first two NFNS challenges, but didn't get into this one. I'm still wondering what happened to the two guys that won the first challenge. If they have a show, it's below my radar. The second winner has done better for himself with two shows. I wonder if the newest winner has what it takes!

Wed Aug 01, 03:16:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home