Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

My motto is "Never waste smoke!". Yesterday, I smoked two pork butts in the Big Drum Smoker, and the fire had not burned down, so I went to the store and bought some salmon. I slathered on a mixture of Dijon mustard, beer, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. I liberally sprinkled on Kosher salt and ground pepper. Then I smoked over apple wood and charcoal for an hour plus 1/2 hour.

The result: Some fine salmon shared with good friends.

I wish you all the same great times.

Dr. Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home