Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Let's give credit where credit is due! Cooking for me started with my Mom. I worked my way up the ladder from an early age. Shucking corn, sitting on the front porch snapping the ends off of green beans and peeling turnips in the kitchen. The patience I gained from my early food prep work is still in use today. At least now I can have a beer or nice glass of wine while I'm doing it.

There are not many greater joys in my life than the time I get to spend with my mother in the kitchen. We've produced some great meals together chatting the entire time!!

Thank you dear Mother for being there and cheering me on in my efforts for The Good Life. I love ya dearly!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Dave said...

I remember coming back from a Boy Scout campout and complaining about the food that my fellow scouts cooked. Mom listened and then said "OK, I guess YOU'D better learn how to cook." She used to help me plan menus for camp and gave me lots of tips, like pre-boiling potatoes at home before frying them to save time and effort in camp. Thanks to Mom, I survived my own cooking during my several single years! I learned to grill from Dad, but my cooking started with Mom.

Wed May 17, 10:59:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home