Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Mango Tango Revisited

I'm not quite sure how I did it, but the original Mango Tango post went the way of Ted Nugents musical career. Sorry Ted.
The Mango Tangos have been well received and I've run out of Mango Nectar quite a few times. It's getting to the point that I need to keep a few ice trays of Mango Nectar in the freezer and a few cans in the pantry at all times. This will be a regular drink all summer long. Enjoy!!!

Here's the recipe ... again!

2-12 oz. cans Mango Nectar
4 oz. Dark Rum
2 oz. Coconut Rum
2 oz. Triple Sec
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)

Fill 2 ice cube trays with the Mango Nectar; freeze until solid. At least a few hours

Working in batches, puree the mango ice cubes, dark rum, coconut rum, Triple Sec, pineapple juice, and lime juice in a blender until smooth. Serve

Recipe courtesy Food Networks Kitchens Get Grilling
Thanks Connie for catching my Tripe mistake

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I'm not sure I like the sound of TRIPE Sec. Ewww!

Mon May 01, 05:00:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

Your right Connie. I don't think I could stomach that drink.

Tue May 02, 08:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Connie said...

Don't forget to plan ahead and make several ice trays of the Mango Nectar since 2 ice trays will make about 6 drinks. I had to alternate Mango Tangos with margaritas because I forgot that one very important thing.

Sun May 07, 04:30:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home