Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Burn Ban Lifted!!

I've been icthin' to light my charcoal grill, but I've been a good boy during the burn ban and used my gas grill exclusivly. No More! I checked the county web site before I started dinner and there in nice bold letters was the announcement that the burn ban has been lifted ... kinda. For the most part it's done, but they don't want you burning after dusk. It didn't go into details on what type of burning couldn't go on at night, so I fired up the charcoal grill, threw on some burgers and then started searching through the fridge for anything else I could grill. Found some chicken breasts I was going to use for another recipe and headed back to the grill. Couldn't let those good coals go to waste!!

With the exception of grabbing a really hot pair of metal tongs while saying hello to family as they walked by, it was a great success! Sorry to Libby and Ave for scaring you as the tongs and a couple of choice words went flying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Dave said...

All Right!!!

I'm happy for you, and I'm expecting 3 new recipes by Sunday night!

I can relate to choice words while barbecuing. My neighbors heard some when I (re)discovered that one should not move the chip smoker box bare handed after it has been smoking for an hour!

Wed Mar 29, 04:47:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote we have an immediate, emergency campfire thematically based upon music appreciation and philosophical discourse with occasional interuptions rooted in crude, pointless, and politically incorrect juvenile humor.

Wed Mar 29, 09:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger SkiSullivan said...

Well, given our excessively busy schedule, and the ever-present need to bolster our fine nation's GNP, I would have to most honorably ACCEPT YOUR INVITATION! And, clear my calendar for the first opening, i.e. FRIDAY.
Now the question is, your pit or mine?

I will have to prevail upon our kind Wood Fairy for the necessary pit fuel, but I suspect a little persuasive means, i.e. copius vessels of vino and good conversation will have to be applied. Might just work.

And hey, way to seize the day Captian Curtis Carpe-Diem!

Wed Mar 29, 09:34:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home