Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Just in Case

Work hard, play hard. Considering how hard everyone's been working this week, it'll take a lot play time to balance things out. With that in mind I wanted to pass along some helpful info for the day after.
One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
The only problem I see with this would be the use of a blender. Kind of takes away from the soothing effects of the milkshake. You may want to throw a couple of asprin in the mix for good measure. Drink slowly and go back to bed for a few more hours.

Thanks to Connie for this helpful hangover remedy. Hope you don't need it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

I took one for the team and tried the hangover cure this morning. I was feeling a little puny from last nights fun and needed some help. It works and made a big difference in my energy level. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be, but maybe a subtle flavor is just what is needed.

This isn't an evil April Fools joke either!

Sat Apr 01, 03:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Connie said...

I gave you that hangover remedy?? Wish I'd known that on Sunday when I had a headache from sharing Frank's drink so that he'd stay sober enough to drive us home!

Tue Apr 04, 08:19:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

I thought I was taking one for the team, but yours was truly heroic!! I've been thinking about posting the whole banana article. Lots of great info!!

Thu Apr 06, 08:30:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home