Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Quick Basting Sauce

This is probably sacrilegious. When I need a quick basting sauce for smoking, I use one of those bottled marinades one gets in the sauce isle in the grocery store and cut it with beer and cider vinegar, 1/3 each. I then heat the mixture for 15 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally. This makes a tasty basting sauce without the fuss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

Blasphemy! The bottled marinades are a quick solution when you need one, but it makes you wonder what they put in there to marinate that fast. Probably something I can't pronounce anyway. At least your cutting it. Though I'm not sure if Milwaukee's Best is helping or hindering the cutting process.

Fri Feb 24, 08:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger Dr. Dave said...

Well...since I only use part of a can of beer, and I HAVE to do SOMETHING with the rest of the can, the PROCESS is certainly helped!

Fri Feb 24, 09:07:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home