Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Yahoo! ... Food

I read an article on Yahoo! touting a new section to their world come next spring ... food. I'm always excited to find a fresh source of cooking references and ideas, but this looks like a Food Tsunami with all of the groups involved:

Media partners include Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. , Wolfgang Puck, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Food & Wine, Epicurious, allrecipes.com, Cook's Illustrated, Eating Well, Taste of Home, and Reader's Digest.

This just baffles me. Here we have some serious food dynasties in their own right and they are breaking ranks and joining with Yahoo! in this venture. The pull must be too much to resist. I guess if Yahoo! were to email me tomorrow and ask me to be a partner, I'd find that hard to resist.

I think a big part of the big names in the Yahoo! lineup are due to the person they hired to head up the Food division. Deanna Brown. She founded Epicurious and launched AOL Food. Not bad credentials.

I think this will be something to keep an eye on. Just one question ... where's the grilling people??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, the Food site is available right now:

food.yahoo.com

Thu Nov 02, 07:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger Cathy said...

Thank goodness Emeril has nothing to do with this one! I guess they really don't want any sellouts....
~C

Sat Nov 04, 06:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

As much as this is an interesting possibility, I'm still a fan of the smaller, personal food sites and blogs.

Sun Nov 05, 03:36:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home