Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Road Breakfast

Had a road trip for the past four days to drive up to commemorate the life of my Aunt Allie. A great woman that many people held dear in their lives. We all love her and will miss her!

I managed in that short time period to have three big breakfasts at various diners in Akron, Colorado. Only excusable because we're on a roadtrip. If you were to ask anyone involved about Allie's Memorial, you'd get some sort of comment about the breakfast burrito at the Crestwood. Killer Green Chile sauce that made the top of Dr. Dave's head sweat. Quite an accomplishment.

Breakfast is something that most of us miss or skimp on and rarely do any of us go out daily for breakfast. I know that the lack of time is part of the reason, but I also believe we don't because it's usually unhealthy. Thus it becomes something to do on a weekend or in my case, a road trip. I need to find some healthy alternatives to fill in that bad breakfast desire.

I must say that I enjoyed the breakfast experience for all its' greasy glory, but it was the company made the experience worth while. The delirious breakfast after twelve hours of driving. The breakfast with my siblings that could've gone on for hours. The full table with Mom and the Cousins that gave our visit such a sweet conclusion.

My thanks to all those involved in three enjoyable road breakfasts. Keep that breakfast burrito on the menu, but think about some fresh fruit!!

Any healthy breakfast suggestions??

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Fresh fruit in Akron, hahaha! I have a quickie healthy alternative to not eating or grabbing a donut. Yogurt mixed with granola will stay with you for hours.

Mon Oct 23, 07:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Saucy Joe Sullivan said...

I can't imagine granola staying with me too long! I do the yogurt thing every day though and now that I'm back home, bananas too!

Tue Oct 24, 10:52:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home