Food, Wine & Just Good Living With SaucyJoe

It started with a love of food, wine & fun and blossomed into a maddening pursuit of the best recipes, techniques, grills, smokers, wines, crafted beers, rubs, marinades and sauces... We do more than play with our meat though -- we review and discuss all things cooking, drinking, reading, laughing and living at SaucyJoe's.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Don't Know!

SO...I'm not the guy who sits down on Sunday morning and plans every breakfast, lunch and dinner (not to mention snacks!). Still, I enjoy cooking for my family, so when I come home from work, I ask "What do you want for dinner?". Three out of five times, the answer is "I don't know".

Most times, I just choose. But...How I wish I just had a dish named "I Don't Know" that was easy, tasty and encompassed all of the indecision wrapped up in "I Don't Know".

I went out to Google and found two recipes for "I Don't Know". Both were basically casseroles of meat, veggies, potatoes and cheese. I think this is a good start, but I don't think it captures the spirit of "I Don't Know".

We're talking of satisfying medium hunger, not great hunger. When you have great hunger, you know what you want! But when you say "I Don't Know", you're not that hungry. You want something tasty, something spicy, anything! And, usually, you're disappointed with the preferred fare.

I know that we're all focused on Thanksgiving preparations. When we come up from that triptophan fog, let's take it on. Give me a recipe for "I Don't Know"!

By the way, I'm still searching for that recipe myself. Dr. Dave will submit his best effort.

Enjoy your holiday. Come back with an answer to "I Don't Know"!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the answer was "reservations."
ba doom bom

Sat Nov 22, 11:33:00 PM CST  
Blogger Dr. Dave said...

Well I had "reservations" about this whole post, but I decided to go ahead anyway!

Sun Nov 23, 09:29:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home